Saturday, December 13, 2008

R.I.P Jim

Today a very good friend of mine lost his dad. This is very hard on all of us as Jim was a great guy. In the short time I got to know him he was always ready to tell you a story of his hot rod youth days and even when he was in failing health would tear shit up on his can am spider..
Recently I was asked to paint Jim's casket and I was really hoping that he would be around to see it. Jim had a great respect for my work which I greatly appreciated,as he had seen some of the style of work I do done by the greats of the early hot rod era.
This will be the hardest thing I have ever done..I am usually hard on myself when I paint but with this I will be my worst critic as I want it to be nothing but perfect.

I will never forget when Jim took my oldest daughter on her first motorcycle ride. She was grinning ear to ear but I think Jim had a bigger smile on his face..
He will be greatly missed by all he touch.
I will miss you Jim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that man, really sucks.

nicholai said...

I'm sorry bro...I've dealt w/ death to much this past year and words don't mean shit so I'll spare them but to say sorry about this.