Friday, March 4, 2011

2 wheels no motor..

Well I'm not much of a bicycle guy but as of late my career as a painter has taken a turn into the handmade bicycle industry. With this new direction(not to say I don't paint motorcycles anymore cuz I do)I have been checking out what this little industry is all about.What have i found? Well, for the most part its not much different than the moto industry other than the fact that the people that are into it are VERY vanilla with a few exceptions.
Recently NAHBS was held in Austin,Tx and I was fortunate enough to have several bikes there that I painted,so well scouring the interwebs for updates about the show and to see what was happening since I couldn't make it I found this.



I have never in my life thought "god damn that's a fuckin' rad bike",ok maybe thats not completely true I did go pretty ape shit when I got a GT performer as a kid but that was a long fuckin' time ago.

This bike was built by a shop calledNaked and there is not one expose bolt on it.. The builder even specially designed the front hub.



I was talking with Tim the builder I paint for and we were discussing the amount of time and thought that went into this bike. Yeah to most its "just a bike" but if you really take the time to look at it and compare it to any other bike you have seen there really is alot of engineering involved. Tim and I wondered how many things didn't work before they found the one that did..



I think if I had a retarded amount of excess funds I would want to have this bike for my very own..

No comments: